If you are new to the housing market and not sure where or how to start your home buying journey, our team can walk you through it. We break down the entire journey into 10 easy steps, read the checklist below to see how easy it can be!
- Find a Loan Officer and discuss how much house you can afford.
- Get pre-approved through the DML App.
- Find a reliable realtor. Need a recommendation? Our loan officers have an extensive network of realtors that will help you find your dream home.
- House Hunt! Discuss with your real estate agent your needs and wants for your dream home. Then, schedule appointments to view home(s) on the market.
- Contact your loan officer before you submit an offer on your dream home for an updated pre-approval letter.
- Submit an offer!
- Once the offer is accepted, your loan officer will do all the heavy lifting! Be sure to remain financially conscious to maintain your pre-approval status.
- Your future home will need an appraisal. Ordering an inspection is up to you, the homebuyer. Be sure to know the difference between the two!
- Once your loan file moves through processing and underwriting, you are cleared to close. You are almost done, but be sure to know what to do before and after closing.
- On closing day, sign the paperwork and move into your dream home!
Even though these 10 steps might seem overwhelming, our team will do all the heavy lifting for you. If you have any questions throughout the home buying process, email us or give us a call at (888) 604-2525 today. Let’s get this journey started!