As a lending partner of the Fraternal Order of Police, Direct Mortgage Loans is proud to make homeownership possible for hose in law enforcement. Did you know we offer exclusive mortgage benefits to our FOP members?
Overview of the FOP Mortgage Benefits
Protecting and serving the community is no easy job. Thankfully, for police officers and first responders buying a home is a much less stressful process.
(Eligible for purchase, refinance, second home, investment, and home equity loan programs)
Upon closing, members receive:
- $500 Closing Cost Credit or $500 Gift Card
- AND $100 Donation, in your name, to the FOP Foundation
These benefits may be used in conjunction with any loan product. Let’s explore the most common home loans for law enforcement.
Created to help qualified Veterans, Reservists, and Active-Duty members finance their homes.
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance Premiums
- No Funding Fee for Disabled Vets
- Not Limited to First-Time Buyers
- Closing Costs may come from a gift or be paid by the seller
- Streamline Rate Reduction Refinances
- Competitive Fixed Interest Rate
Government-insured for purchasing within designated rural areas. Designated for low-to-moderate-income borrowers, a USDA loan offers flexible guidelines and no down payment.
- No down payment for eligible borrowers
- No mortgage insurance
- No maximum amount the seller can contribute
Governed by the Housing of Urban Development (HUB), an FHA loan offers flexible guidelines for borrowers with limited down payment funds and imperfect credit history.
- 3.5% down payment
- Flexible use of gift funds for a down payment
- Flexible qualifying credit- it’s possible to qualify with a lower credit score.
- Upfront mortgage insurance may be financed or paid at the closing table.
Borrowers receive financing to purchase and improve a property.
- FHA 203K: Covers the purchase of the home and the cost of necessary repairs. This product is designed specifically for homes in dire need of rehabilitation.
- Freddie Mac Homestyle: An economical financing option to repair, restore, rehabilitate or renovate an existing home with less restrictive repair guidelines.
- Gifts, and grants from Community Seconds, are all acceptable sources of down payment or closing costs.
- Reduced mortgage insurance coverage required for LTV >= 90%.
- Cancellable mortgage insurance once borrower’s equity reaches 20%.
- Eligible for borrowers with income that falls within 80% of AMI
Contact a Loan Officer today to learn more about DML’s law enforcement benefits.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.